Two Finger Play

iPhone game development, by a college student with a short attention span

Name:
Location: Atlanta, GA, United States

I don't wear shoes. If you see a barefoot kid walking around the Tech campus, say hi.

30.11.08

Mines 1.0 released!

Mines 1.0 screenshot
During a few months of being completely distracted with everything else — jobs, classes, life in general — I found a couple of days here and there to work on my other lump of archaic jailbreak-era code and polish it up into a presentable state. I'd been planning to have both a free and not-free version, which was holding me up; if I was going to charge for something, it had to be appreciably worth more than the free version. So I decided to ditch the undoubtedly limited money-making prospect there and keep Mines completely free, updating it as I get ideas for new features and time to implement them.

It's been on the App Store for about a day, and I'm already getting lots of useful feedback. A couple of ideas, like it taking two taps to clear a “flagged” cell and having them show some kind of marker beyond the bland blue color, I've already got together and will be pushing out once I've tested them a bit more thoroughly; others, like a more advanced scoring system and stats tracking, should be coming in a few weeks when I've got time that I shouldn't be devoting to, e.g., deadline'd work and final exams.

I welcome any and all comments and suggestions on Mines; feel free to email me, or post them here or as App Store reviews.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Do you have any plans to continue working on Tris, perhaps under a different name?

12/11/08, 8:32 PM  
Blogger Nirav said...

Glad to see a new app from you! Finally got around to downloading it.

1/2/09, 1:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey I was one of the lucky ones to download netshare app, tris app, and jOint app, before the where taken off of the app store.

All thow I already have tris, can you post a new version of tris on the app store for us, mabey with new featers ???

1/19/09, 7:03 PM  
Blogger Stefan said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tetris_Company

Thought you might like to know that this is referenced on Wikipedia... Yay Noah.

4/16/10, 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home