Two Finger Play

iPhone game development, by a college student with a short attention span

Name:
Location: Atlanta, GA, United States

I don't wear shoes. If you see a barefoot kid walking around the Tech campus, say hi.

8.7.08

Readier

Much closer to releasability now — the game saves state between launches. Realized that trying to serialize the board contents was silly when I could just dump them to an array structure in the preferences. Still had a lot of bugs to iron out, but it all works now.

Put together the 512x512 icon, which looks like this:
Tris icon
I love how it came out. Not sure I've got the corner radius right, but I'll figure that out later.

Mmm... what else. Still haven't gotten much more done on the high-score stuff. I'm thinking instead of doing something sensible with standard cryptography stuff (which I don't understand), I'll write my own hashing thing (which I probably don't understand either). Again it's not going to be super-mega-secure, but I don't think it needs to.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the corners are not supposed to be rounded...

7/8/08, 11:46 PM  
Blogger mahalis said...

In the image's outline, no. See the glow around the edges? That I would like to line up as well as possible with the cropping mask Apple uses.

7/8/08, 11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so very excited for this game! Keep up the awesome work... I must say I am a huge Tris addict, I just broke 26,000 (though maybe that's only high for me).

7/9/08, 1:33 AM  
Blogger Step said...

Didn't see another way to contact you, but excited to see a fellow Cocoa-head in Atl!

I just found this blog, looking forward to watching your progress...

7/9/08, 2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very glad I found this page! I've been a Tris player for ages and just got myself the iPhone 3G and am missing it...

Cheers for the awesome work, looking forward to downloading it.

7/14/08, 3:17 AM  
Blogger Tropolist said...

Thank you thank you thank you. I cannot WAIT for the official Tris release. I don't care how much it costs, as long as its exactly like the old Jailbroken Tris. The EA version is so unbelievably bad, I just want my wonderful Tris back.

7/30/08, 7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just installed Tris. It's great. Keep up the good work. :)

With regard to the icon, I think it would look better without the glow around the edges. Just seems a little out of place next to all of the other iPhone apps. The glow lines within the icon itself are fine.

8/14/08, 3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home